I got a phone call from McKinley's school yesterday saying that she hit her head pretty hard and that her eyes keep rolling back. I immediately went to go pick her up. When I got to the school I could hear her cries from the street. She was very out of it and I knew I needed to take her to the emergency room. I called Jer and he meet me there at the hospital and was great to be waiting for me so I could just drop her off and he took her in while I parked. It was the hardest thing to keep her awake for the 20 minute drive to base. When we got to the E.R there was a long wait but they saw McKinley asap. She couldn't keep her eyes open and then vomited all over daddy. Once the nurse saw her she quickly got the doctor because she was so worried how out of it McKinley was. The doctor said that she had a pretty bad concussion and to wait to see if she threw up again. He said that once she throws up the second time it was time to have a CAT Scan. He said if she did throw up again than she had crossed the thresh hold of dangerous damage to her head. So we waited for about 30 minutes and the throw up came 3 more times. The doctor came in and said she needed a CAT Scan. They did a CAT Scan and everything came out perfect. She's a trooper. I was in such shock that my baby was hurt and seeing her lying in the hospital bed so out it. McKinley is such a sweet and sassy baby girl and I am so thankful she is okay. We were able to take her home later that night and was told to watch her very closely and make sure she is herself. She was pretty tired the rest of the day and went to bed very easily last night. This morning she came in to my room at 6 AM and gently woke me up. She was so happy to show me she got all dressed and is ready to have a fun day...

I LOVE her and she is definitely back to herself. Jer was amazing and helped out so much at the hospital and really was there for her and me. I love him. Glad that everything is okay and very thankful to have her okay and to have things put into perspective. I love my monkeys and there crazy daddy too!
*I know that she JUST had a concussion and there are plenty of you parents that have been through much worse but it rocked my world and now it's over and we're thankful...the end!
2 comments:
That is so scary! I am so glad that she is okay and nothing worse happened. Miss ya ;)
Oh by the way...I love your playlist! We have the same taste in music.
Post a Comment